Pages



9.01.2014

Diaper Talk

So many mom's to be and new mom's in different groups I'm in love to find out what diapers other people like best. So why not blog about it? Here are my favorite diapers.

1. Honest Company
These diapers are AMAZING! They are natural plant based diapers and come in a variety of cute patterns. If you haven't check out The Honest Company yet then you must. You can subscribe to their monthly diaper service for only $80 a month, including wipes. They also offer other household products that are natural and plant based. These diapers are super absorbent. Addison care ware them all night without leaking. They have the stretchy waist band too which I prefer in a diaper. These are currently what we use now that our diaper stock has depleted from the baby shower. You can now buy Honest at target as well, so you must give them a try!

2. Huggies Pure and Natural

These are my favorite Huggies by far. This is mostly what we used before Honest. We never had a problem with leaks or blowouts. It again has the stretchy waist band that I love. They are so soft and made with organic cotton. Subscribing to Honest is actually cheaper than buying these! These will always be my favorite store bought diapers.

3. Huggies Little Snugglers


If you don't want to spend the extra on the huggies pure and natural then I suggest these. They are again so soft and have the stretchy waist band. They are unscented too which is important to me. I don't see the point in scents on a diaper, all they do is cause diaper rashes. We never had a blow out with these and she can sleep through the night in one.

4.  Huggies Snug and Dry

Addison had a growth spurt where she was eating 3-4 times in the middle of the night. With that she was peeing more than the usual amount and her Honest diapers started to leak around 6am. So I bought a pack of these for at night. Sometimes they held a tiny bit more, but we still had a few leaks. I will also use these at night if we are getting ready to size up in Honest, she always seems ready for the next size before the weight limit. Like now we are in 3's and 4's are just barely too big so I want to wait before sizing her up. These are unscented which is why I prefer these to Pamper's Baby Dry. They also have the stretchy waist band that Pampers doesn't have. We have had a few blow outs in this diaper though.

5. Pampers Swaddlers

I really only used these when they were given to me. Every one talked about how good pampers were so I thought this would be my diaper of choice but Huggies is way better. These are soft which is nice and also unscented. We did not have leaks or blowouts with these. Dislikes: They do not have the stretchy waist band and the inside is this weird netting type thing that bothers me. It just seems less comfy.

Diapers I don't like:
1. Pampers Baby Dry- They are scented like I said above, I don't quite understand why make a diaper scented. I mean if you can smell the dirty diaper you should probably be changing it any ways.

2. Luvs- Wow are these ever scented. Wayyy more than other diapers. They worked pretty good and a lot of people say they work awesome for the cheaper price but I just can't deal with how strong they smell. Can you say diaper rash!? and unneeded chemicals absorbing into baby's skin.

What better to go along with diapers than wipes! Most wipes work pretty well but I thought I would just throw in my fav's as well.

1.Honest Company

Natural plant based wipes that work really well and are a good size. You can't go wrong with these. If they did not come in the diaper bundle I wouldn't buy them though because they are $5.00 a pack. Yikes!

2. Pampers Sensitive


I was given a ton of these at my baby shower and I also bought a ton myself. I love them! They clean so well, are thick, and a nice size. Very affordable and unscented. You can't go wrong with these.

3. Seventh Generation

At first I wasn't fond of these but now they are the ones I will buy. The reason I didn't like them was they have a weird smell to me even though they are unscented. They are kinda small too. They do clean well though. They grew on me and I got used to the smell. They are a good value for your natural wipes.

4. Babyganics


Don't let the name fool you-they aren't organic, but they are plant based. I like that you get 100 of these in a pack. They are affordable. I have these as my diaper bag wipes right now. They aren't quite as soft and the above three but they are good sized and unscented. 

5. Huggies Natural Care

 At first these were my favorite but now I've found softer wipes that I like better. They are still a good choice though and I use the wipe box to put my refills of other wipes in since it is so big and comes in cute designs.

Well there you have it! Hope this is helpful for some of you new mommies. I highly suggest trying an assortment of diapers and wipes like I did to find the ones you like best. Although if you start with Honest right off the bat you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment