Pages



9.12.2014

Our Favorite Natural Products + Our Week

 All 3 of us have been sick all week! Not a fun household, which sucks since it is daddies days off. But at least it makes for a lot of family cuddles. Daddy has bronchitis while Addison and I have a cold. Yuck! But it did not stop us from watching some football last Sunday.

Addison learned how to clap during the Viking's game! Now she won't stop doing it. She loves it. I can't believe how much she is learning. I also taught her how to high-5.



 Addison also sported her Steeler's gear for the game last night. She was in bed before the game started haha.


Addison learned "dada" as well! So now my super smart 6.5 month old knows 3 words. I'm so proud of her.

Here are 2 more pics I must add. She fell asleep like this in her stroller! And I just had to post a pic of her cute feet and chunky legs.



Natural Products

I've always been a fan of natural products and since having a little around I've been even more inclined to use them. Not only are they better for our environment but they are so much better for our health. The Environmental Working Group has an awesome website that I like to use. It rates your common household products and skin care/baby care items. I love looking up both natural and non-natural products to find what is going to work best for our family and the environment.

It seems to me that natural products are becoming increasingly popular (Yay!) but many people aren't sure what to use or their effectiveness. When I first started I too was weary about their strength. I was surprised to find their strength was the same and some products I liked even better! I'll let you know a few of my favorites that you can give out a try and hopefully you wont be disappointed.

1. Dish Soap 

If I use dawn with bottles I notice that no matter how well I rinse them that you can still smell the dish soap. GROSS! But with the natural ones there is no scent or residue.

I love Honest dish soap. It comes in 3 amazing scents and is very sudsy. Since I don't subscribe to the essentials bundle I usually don't use this one since it is $5.95. So what I usually buy is Seventh Generation. It is only $3.19 at target and the bottle is HUGE!

I also use Seventh Generation for the dishwasher in both the gel and the pods. I think I like the pods better, even though I've always been a gel fan. This is the only natural dishwasher detergent that I've used.

2. Laundry 

For our laundry I use a few different products. The ones I love are the dryer sheets from Honest and the fabric softener from Seventh Generation. The dryer sheets are reusable, each sheet lasts 2 loads! They are awesome for when I dry Addison's stuff so there isn't so much static (since regular dryer sheets are not recommended for baby clothes). I also love the Honest detergent.

3. Cleaners 

Currently the natural cleaners I have in my house are Honest multi surface cleaner, Seventh Generation disinfecting wipes, which are perfect to wipe down the bathroom, and Seventh Generation toilet bowl cleaner. I also use seventh generation hand soap but I like honest better. Although honest hand soap is often too expensive since I don't bundle it and I am constantly washing my hands from changing diapers. We currently use swiffer wet wipes to mop the floor since it is so much more convenient than a bucket and water. I can't find any natural wipes to fit on the swiffer. Since Addison will soon be crawling I am going to be changing that. I have an idea of what I'm going to do next and so if I find it just as convenient I will post about it, otherwise I might just switch to a bucket of vinegar and water or a natural floor cleaner.

4. Baby Products 

There are way to many natural baby products that I have tried and loved so I'm just going to name what I have in my house right now.

-Burt's Bee's baby bee shampoo & wash in regular and lavender
-California Baby calendula lotion in lavender
-Honest healing balm (which I hardly use but Evan likes it on his tattoo's in place of aquaphor)
-California Baby sunscreen
-Burt's Bee's baby bee hand and face wipes
-Honest hand and face lotion
-Honest diapers & wipes
-Babyganics wipes


No comments:

Post a Comment